Design Technician - construction / residential
Full time, permanent
- Well established company within timber frame and timber engineering industry
- Professional and quality-driven
- Good range of projects: commercial and residential
- Real personal and professional development
Designer required, with solid residential construction design experience by a well-established supplier and manufacturer of timber engineering and timber frame with a strong turnover.
This is a professional set up; they do the difficult things well, and they value their people and customers highly and treat both very well. As Designer you will be working on some interesting projects ranging from residential to commercial builds, including high-rise student accommodation and council buildings; all traditional timber frame but using new techniques such as Glulam and CLT. They aren't the biggest, though well set up to provide a quality products and service, and they have sensible plans for profitable growth.
Your role will give you involvement in all parts of the process, from the pre-sales estimating and design, through to preparing detailed drawings for manufacture of timber frame as well as timber roof trusses and floor joists, ensuring a smooth handover during site installation (attending site visits, liaising with site manager, managing and planning project resources)
If you are seeking a solid opportunity with a great company, this could be the one for you. Personal and professional development will be available for you to continuously develop.
Is this you?
- Educated to HNC level or above in Architectural Technology, Design for Construction, Steel or Concrete Detailing or similar
- Good working knowledge of design in construction, specifically residential / housing
- Motivated and driven but able to remain calm under pressure
- You enjoy detail, producing work to a high degree of accuracy whilst remaining conscious of deadlines
- Good appreciation of the production process, ensuring each design has "buildability"
- If you have any experience in timber frame, or other system build (eg modular building, light gauge steel, SIPS, volumetric ) this would be of particular interest
You can expect to be enjoying a good team atmosphere, working hard but having fun.
Interested? Please apply today or call Sue Eustace on 0117 959 2008 if you would like to discuss this role in confidence.
Key skills: Designer, Design Technician, Design Engineer, timber frame, roof trusses, joists, engineered wood products, Mitek, Wolf, hsbCAD, Consultec