- Do you want to work for an innovative business?
- A place where change is seen as an opportunity?
- Are you a motivated individual who would thrive in a progressive environment?
As Design Technician with this award winning business, you will be responsible for ensuring the department provides an efficient technical design and implementation service to the business from initial job costing through to manufacture.
As well as coordinating the construction/design and solutions between the various project stakeholders to meet contractual deadline. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with CDM requirements, Quality assurance requirements,Health & Safety and all other relevant legislation and certification.
- Produce 3D design model using relevant internal software from secured project information, incorporating technical data from suppliers
- Produce technical drawings in line with the manufacturing schedules and provide technical support through out the manufacturing process as and when necessary
- Produce appropriate drawings to support site installation and sequencing of site programme
- Provide expertise throughout the business, sourcing external data where necessary and translating this into the requirement of the project
- To provide constant communication with all relevant internal and external parties as required
- Monitor all aspects of the project design ensuring cost control at all time
- Responsible for the management, production and issue of all accurate purchase requisitions from the Design Department to the Purchasing function including all necessary information required to obtain quotations from suppliers in atimely manner.
- Responsible for implementing and coordinating all design changes, generating solutions and translating these into the project design documentation.
- Ensure the departments provides comprehensive technical advice and support to the business and other stakeholders outside of the business.
- Drive and assist in all R&D aspects to ensure a quality product and reduce waste.
- Drive forward new ideas and concepts in line with design and technical aspects throughout the department and business as a whole.
- Any other additional duties that may be deemed necessary to fulfil your duties.
- Relevant design qualification or relevant experience (essential)
- BSc Degree in Construction Industry (Desirable)
- Timber frame experience (essential)
- Have a proven track record in managing a design office (essential)
- Experience in producing technical 3 dimensions (3D) drawings (essential)
- Experience in interpreting and writing relevant specification data (essential)
- Experience within a construction of manufacturing environment (desirable)
If this role is of interest click apply alternatively to learn more call Paul on 0117 9592008