We are working with an award-winning main contractor who has been in operation for 10 years now. Since then our client has become an established organisation predominantly focussing within the housing/residential sector. They pride themselves on providing the best service possible to their vast existing client base aswell as new business opportunities across the North of England.
Due to a number of key wins across the residential/leisure sector, our client is looking to appoint an ambitious, career driven Design Technician with a strong understanding of timber frame design to bolster their experienced design team in Leeds.
The role will involve producing and co-ordinating timber frame fabrication information. The position will also require you to carry out designs and specifications through the provision of technical support and expertise, ensuring continuous improvement of the companies manufacturing process.
- Production and Co-ordination of timber frame fabrication information packages
- Development of technical solutions to briefs in conjunction with others
- BIM Content development (Training provided)
- BIM Collaboration/Coordination
- Maintaining manufacturing library of components to allow building types to be built efficiently using CNC files produced
- Competent with Revit & CAD
More about you:
- Competent with Autodesk Revit & CAD software
- Degree qualified (design or related fields)
- Highly IT literate, including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A strong understanding of timber frame design
- Understanding of UK Building Regulations
- Willing to travel due to business requirements
What is in it for you;
- A highly competitive salary
- An enhanced contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Fantastic prospects for career progression & development
- BIM Training provided
- Discount across specific restaurant chains