Operating within successful international multidisciplinary and world-class construction project delivery specialists in the Middle East and Africa (MENA) region with expertise in architecture, engineering, infrastructure and construction over the past 50 years. Due to business expansion this is a great opportunity for a driven MEP Technical Director to develop & deliver work in JHB property market, (Johannesberg, Gauteng, South Africa).
You will like
The Director Mechanical Engineering job itself where you will provide technical leadership to the Gauteng SA team and to support and enhance the ability of the company to successfully deliver technically-excellent, collaborative and design-led housing projects. The Director is a hands-on design role involving technically leading and mentoring the team to deliver projects alongside the reviewing and checking of packages prior to submittal. The Technical Director will join the leadership team to collaborate and share knowledge. Please note the operational functions of the team are not part of this role. Position details: Project Performance: Provide technical leadership on all projects from concept to completion. Develop project delivery strategies to ensure contract compliance is achieved as efficiently as possible. Team Development: Mentor and support team to increase technical skillsets in a collaborative and engaging fashion. Design Collaboration: Develop and encourage a constructive, cross-disciplinary teamwork environment that promotes sound thinking, knowledge sharing and iterative design engagement to create an integrated approach throughout the design life-cycle. Technical Solutions: Engage with wider Project Teams to develop technical solutions and integrated design strategies that target opportunities for consistent and efficient design, focused on meeting Client brief. Support appropriate documentation of QA/QC methodologies and approaches. With specific focus on the discipline checking and auditing projects with strategic direction given on certain projects where deeper QA/QC is required.
You will have
As Director Mechanical Engineering, you will have B.Sc. Engineering (Mechanical) degree, must be a Pr. Eng., with +15 years’ experience in the Property Sector:
- High level of technical expertise
- Capable of completing all types of projects from inception to close out independently
- Be able to focus on client care: client interface – gaining the clients respect and trust, capable of gaining a deeper understanding of clients’ needs
- Marketing – which would include attendance at business related networking functions, client functions, ensuring we get repeat work from clients
- Having an established client base is important, specifically contacts within the greater JHB Property sector.
- Be able to effectively manage junior & senior staff on large projects – effective communication;
- Resource management. Ability to work within a team as well as lead a team of engineers
- Effective management of debt and professional fees on all projects
- Ability to cope in high pressure environment
- Ability to effectively convey information (written and oral)
- Good communication skills
- Good technical report writing skills
- Critical Thinking - to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Sound Judgment, Decision Making and Deductive as well as Inductive Reasoning Skills
- Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems
- Ability to define, manage and coordinate inputs from other technical specialists
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage time, quality and effort in order to deliver a quality product Within time and cost constraints.
You will get
As Director Mechanical Engineering salary is negotable, likely R 1M – R1.5M + Comprehensive Package