DMO CNC PROGRAMMER / MACHINIST
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced CNC Programmer / Machinist to join their team. This role is offered on an ongoing contract basis with long term, ongoing or permanent opportunities for the right candidate (Full apprenticeship required).
You will be working alongside a group of skilled technicians assisting with the preparation of model vehicles, which are one off vehicles for new future model launches.
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to write and modify CNC Programmes using CAM software (Powermill / Tebis etc.)
- Significant experience programming in 3 axis, 5 axis experience desirable
- Competent with CNC Milling machines and/or High Speed CNC Routers (Hurco / CMS etc.)
- Work to close tolerances and demanding deadlines
- Ensure consistent quality and able to inspect own work
- Monitor machinery when running, provide timing feedback and prioritise workload efficiently
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- At least City and Guilds or NVQ Level 1, 2 & 3 in a relevant discipline
- A full apprenticeship in a relevant discipline is required
- CAM Programming experience required (Specific software training will be provided)
- Good time management and excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of engineering and/or modelling materials and best practices
- Self-motivated and well organised with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H.H. and environmental procedures
- Flexibility in working hours as per business needs.
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week (Day shift or Double Day shift available)
Day Shift: Monday – Thursday: 7.30 – 16.00 Friday: 7.30 – 12.30
Pay Rate: £22.27 per hour
Rotating Shift Pattern:
Earlies: Monday – Thursday: Roughly 6.00 – 14.00 Friday: 6.00 – 11.00
Late: Monday – Thursday: Roughly 13.30 – 21.30 Friday: 10.30 – 15.30
Pay Rate: £25.99 per hour.