BMR are working in partnership with an industry leading manufacturer of special purpose machinery who are looking for an electrical design engineer to join their successful and ever developing team. Their order book is a sign of their recent successes & they are showing no signs of stopping. This role would be a great opportunity for someone with electrical design experience looking to gain further knowledge of PLC's and PLC Programming.
- Attend design meetings/reviews of new/revised design proposals
- Prepare layout drawings, design documents (power usage, loads) and specifications
- Improve and update existing designs to ensure the design meets all relevant health and safety requirement & compliance with European directives
- Create CAD drawings using Engineering Base software and co-ordinate the design with other parties
- Prepare drawings for sub-contractors both in UK and overseas, carry out liaison work with sub-contractors including resolving issues in the design and its interpretation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Academic qualifications of minimum HND, potentially a degree in engineering
- Engineering design experience, ideally in a machine build environment or similar capacity requiring a broad engineering knowledge
- An excellent grasp of engineering and design principles
- Familiarity with pneumatics, electric motors & electronic control systems
- Knowledge of relevant electrical / machine regulations & directives
- Experience in Machine Building would be advantageous
- General computer literacy including Outlook, Excel and Word.
Benefits & Additional Information
Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Job Type: Permanent- Full Time
Working Hours: Basic hours 08.30 am - 4.30 pm Monday - Thursday; 8.30 am - 4.00 pm Friday. 30 minutes for lunch.
Holiday: 22 days, increasing by half a day for each year of employment to a maximum entitlement of 27 days