Working as Electrical Engineer Team Leader for a broad-minded and multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm established in the early 1970's and headquartered in central Ohio. With strategic partnerships across the globe that allow them to offer services to all 50 states, the United Kingdom, Western and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Canada and Mexico. The provide clients with innovative and sustainable solutions focused on designing and implementing flexible and adaptable facilities and structures. Committed to providing solutions that are energy efficient with minimal impact on our environment. They’re dedicated to providing clients with the ability to achieve most of their project needs through one firm. The projects are of varying sizes and locations for higher education, utility, federal, municipal and industrial clients.
You will like
The Electrical Engineer Team Leader job, which is a fantastic opportunity for a technical & creative professional, and your responsibilities will include:
- Assurance that personnel within the Team are competent, identify inadequacies in personnel and propose solutions such as training, coaching or replacement and that the correct competent personnel are matched to the task at hand
- Responsibility for the integration of the electrical design into the overall project work-scope and ensuring that Commissioning, Maintenance, and Operational requirements are included within the design
- Maintain the required technical quality of work produced by discipline assigned staff
- Ensure that the work output of discipline assigned staff complies with the relevant procedures
- Provide technical assistance to discipline staff as required
- Responsible for input to project plans and schedules, achievement of agreed schedule, during the course of any project or study or early identification of project areas of concern with necessary corrective action identified
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments, state, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the scope of the discipline
- Assist in developing the knowledge and skills of the discipline assigned staff, including assisting in the training and technical development of engineers
- Be aware and understand the business drivers within the Client organization and how these can be influenced by innovated designs and minimum cost solutions
- Approval of all engineering documents created by the Electrical team (inclusive of PE responsibilities)
- Review work/work output of discipline assigned staff as required
- Prepare estimates and assist in the review of proposed schedules
- Ensure that results of any development work are fully utilized in discipline activities
- Provide technical assistance to other disciplines as required
- Participate in discussions with Clients and visit job sites as required
- Producing engineering deliverables schedule and controlling the works against those schedules
- Supervision of Team under their control, & responsibility for the technical quality of work produced
You will have
The successful candidate must have the ability to be or become a Team Leader and/or Partner. Electrical design for low voltage, experience with electrical power distribution within buildings (hospitals, educational facilities, office buildings, etc.) designing electrical power distribution from the transformer to the user interface. Manufacturing, product, process & controls will not be considered as viable experience for this position.
Candidates must be Registered Electrical having A/E firm consulting experience working on the design of electrical systems for buildings (retail, commercial, educational, offices, hospitals, restaurants, senior living facilities, etc.) including lighting, power, life safety, backup power, low voltage, security systems, power to HVAC system, fire protection systems and associated controls. Experience must be with US firms.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ year's experience in a consulting engineering firm or
- 15+ years of applicable experience in designing electrical systems for buildings .
- Must be a Registered Professional Engineer
- Management experience a plus
- Revit MEP experience a plus
- Large commercial experience a plus
- US Citizenship or Green Card required
You will get
As Electrical Engineer Team Leader, you will command a competitive salary, $120K-$150K + benefits package