Our client based in Merthyr is looking for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join their team on a temp to perm basis.
Your main duty will be to carry out electrical preventative works, repairs and services on all production machinery.
Other duties will include:
- Electrical maintenance of the factory as a whole
- General repairs of machinery
- Carry out safety check on factory equipment
- Being the first call to all electrical and mechanical breakdowns
- Moving production equipment and re-installing when required
- Complete services on all electrical equipment to ensure they are kept in good working order
- Record all breakdowns accurately
To be considered for this role you must:
- Hold an electrical qualification in NVQ/City &Guilds or equivalent
- Hold a valid 17th edition qualification
- Be able to work well as part of a team
- Be able to react quickly to machine breakdowns and work quickly but safely to rectify the problem to minimise machine downtime
- Be able to follow work instructions
- Be able to manage own workload and prioritise jobs when required
- Be able to communicate at all levels.
Rate of pay varies between £13 - £16 dependant on experience. A permanent contract will be on offer for the right candidate after a qualifying period with the agency.
To apply or for more information on this role please call the Cardiff branch
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.