Due to further expansion one of the leaders in providing operational service to the onshore pipeline sector, is looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Technician to join their operations team for their Midlands base.
To maintain the integrity of electrical systems ensuring compliance with company and statutory requirements and in response to breakdowns. To oversee and develop a system which implements and records the completion of maintenance and inspection on plant and equipment at allocated locations.
Key Responsibilities of the Electrical Technician:
- The technician will be responsible for the delivery of planned and corrective maintenance and inspection tasks at allocated sites in accordance with set targets including the upkeep of the computerised maintenance management systems and plant history files.
- Maintain all plant to ensure 98% operational status.
- Work to planned maintenance and inspection procedures and schedules, interfacing as necessary with the maintenance management system including the upkeep of plant history files.
- Respond to corrective maintenance and inspection defects via the action line format, maintaining all records.
- Provide operational support as may be required from time to time and respond to emergency situations including dealing with authorities and statutory bodies.
- Supervise colleagues and contractors in safe systems of work, including risk assessment and gas testing procedures.
- Provide on the job training support to new entrants specific to the discipline involved.
- Participate in an annual training needs review and formulation of the preceding years training plan.
- Undertake risk assessments and formulate safety method statements and permit to work conditions.
- Rot cause defect analysis and corrective action within company guidelines and statutory limits.
Skills and experience required of the Technician:
- Apprentice trained technician/engineer - Electrical Bias Engineer
- Recognised Qualification in relevant electrical discipline (ONC/HNC/HND or Level 3 trained)
- Experience in pipelines will give candidates a distinct advantage
- Experience in both Planned and Corrective Maintenance is essential
- All industries considered
- Desirable - Experience of maintenance and fault finding on control and instrumentation systems, including PLC's
- Flexibility will be required as this position will be field based
In return you will receive a very attractive salary and benefits package:
- Salary £37392
- Fully expenses Company Van
- 8% Yearly Bonus
- 25 Days holiday + Stats
- 3 x Life Cover
- Contributory Pension Scheme - Up to 12%
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.