One of the leading innovators in door and gate systems worldwide is seeking a Engineer Team Leader to provide day to day supervision of the engineers across London in support of the area service manager. Candidates must have a strong electrical background with some mechanical experience as well as willing to travel around London and the Home Counties. You must also have managerial or supervisory experience. Experience in automatic and industrial doors, gates and barriers is not essential and training will be provided. A Engineer Team Leader will also need a clean UK driver’s license.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Responsible for the day to day supervision of the engineers as well as carry out quality inspections
- To carry out all aspects of the engineer role as required and assist with PPM delivery
- To deputise for the ASM in their absence
- To assist the ASM in engineer performance reviews and action remedial / development needs. Provide evidence and information when required
- To manage engineer daily timesheet and overtime requests and logging data for reporting
- To manage sickness absence; to conduct all return to work interviews
- To support the ASM in day to day problem resolution and to support the engineers with technical queries
- To assist the ASM in all Health & Safety matters and to ensure full compliance with all relevant legislation and company procedures
- To encourage and promote commercial awareness and business opportunities within the engineer team
- To be responsible for engineer induction and continuous coaching and development.
- Ensure ongoing personal development
- Proven electrical engineering experience
- Proven managerial/supervisory experience
- Be physically fit and content in working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Willing to travel frequently away from home
- Must be able to pass DBS check
- UK Driving Licence
- Experience in maintenance of Industrial/Automated doors
- NVQ qualifications in door systems engineering or BS7036
- Welding experience or similar
- Circa £35,000 to £38,000 (DOE) + overtime and benefits (£43,000 OTE)
- Bonus and training