Our client is looking for an Engineering Maintenance Manager to report to the Head of Engineering for a FMCG company based in Salisbury, Wiltshire. You will be managing a team of Engineers and be responsible for ensuring continuous improvement and optimisation of plant and equipment.
You will provide essential maintenance operations, whilst maintaining Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards, to provide maximum manufacturing efficiency.
Responsibilities as an Engineering Maintenance Manager:
- Manage, develop and maximise team performance
- Ensure all plant, equipment and ancillary building services are maintained to the highest standard.
- Plan preventive maintenance
- Adopt a proactive approach to resolving issues and improving plant throughput
- Understand weekly expenditure and benefits gained
- Visibly lead the engineering team to achieve their KPIs
- On an ongoing basis to use performance management tools effectively to maximise their engagement and motivation to deliver these KPIs (set objectives, communicate, feedback, review performance)
Skills and experience needed to be the Engineering Maintenance Manager:
- Recognised Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualification.
- Proven track record of Management within an FMCG environment.
- High level of numeracy and ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Ability to identify and implement Process improvements.
- Manufacturing systems experience.
- Management of financial budgets
- Ability to produce detailed Engineering and Process Risk assessments.
In return the Engineering Maintenance Manager will receive a salary between £40-45K depending on experience.