EB6120 Engineering Maintenance Supervisor (Mechanical)
Salary: £30,000 Circa
Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands
Hours: Monday to Friday – 07:54am to 16:00pm
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
Our Client who is one of the Leading UK Chemical manufacturer of intermediates is now looking to recruit an Engineering Maintenance Supervisor to manage all aspects of the mechanical engineering workshop, supervision of craft engineers, service contractors and the provision of a mechanical engineering maintenance service across the whole site, reporting to the Maintenance Manager.
This Engineering Maintenance Supervisor role comes with a very competitive salary, 25 Days Holiday which includes Bank Holidays. The Engineering Maintenance Supervisor will be required to work Monday to Friday at the hours of 0754 hrs until 1600 hrs.
The successful candidate for the role of Engineering Maintenance Supervisor must hold either a recognized engineering apprenticeship or have completed a formal engineering qualification. This Engineering Maintenance Supervisor must also hold a supervisory or management qualification or be formally trained.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Foster and champion a safe operating culture within engineering providing health & safety and environmental leadership and training to the craft engineering personnel promoting adherence to safe systems of work and the permit to work system.
- Ensuring all mechanical work follows statutory regulations and codes of practice.
- Provide technical advice to minimise environmental and safety hazards in all operations.
- Ensuring that all required installation and maintenance details and inspection records, and appropriate risk assessments are carried out relevant to the scale of operation and recorded.
- Monitoring the work of contractors used by the company.
- Accidents, near misses and safety related concerns relating to work in the department are recorded, investigated and the findings acted upon.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual maintenance budget, procurement and purchasing for contract labour, raise and place purchase requisitions, plan and manage overtime
- Maintain and repair process plant, Co-ordinates activities between mechanical, electrical, instrument, chemical and civil engineering and contractors
- Advises on the extent of engineering contract resources required.
- Responsible for the provision of an out of hour’s call-in system
- Ensure plant movement forms are completed and forwarded to the records department
- Implementation of planned preventative maintenance schedule and statutory insurance inspections
- Advises and provides mechanical technical input in the preparation of plant modification proposals and capital projects
- Use of skills and experience to install, modify and repair plant effectively.
- Advises other engineers and contractors on technical matters covering installation techniques, procedures and standards.
- Development, organise and supervision of planned preventative maintenance schedules
Experience / Qualifications:
- Served a recognised engineering apprenticeship and/or completed formal engineering training
programme, NVQ level 3 in maintenance operations for example.
- Hold formal engineering qualifications.
- Typically, City and guilds, BTEC, HNC in mechanical and/or maintenance engineering
- Have a supervisory and/or management qualification and/or formal training
- Preferably hold an IOSH qualification
- Can demonstrate a continuous employment track record in maintenance engineering at a hand on
and supervisory levels.
Interested applicants in this Workshop Engineers role, will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.