The company are a well-respected process engineering firm in Surrey. They provide their services to an assortment of industries, these include, Oil/Gas/Water/FMCG. Due to continued growth they have an exciting new position for an Engineering Manager to join the business. The post offers a very attractive salary and benefits package
Team: 2 in Process, 3 in Projects, 1 Mechanical, 1 Electrical and 2/3 contractors
Responsibilities of the manager:
- As the manager you will be responsible for managing a white collar team of Process Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Projects and EC&I Engineers.
- Managing cross functional engineering resourced to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Develop and implement people and process excellence methodologies. Ensuring all documentation is in place.
- Continue to build and maintain customer relationships
- Provide regular project updates to the management team & board of directors
- Source and manage third party suppliers
- Review Proposals in support of new business opportunities
- Attending weekly operational meetings and providing updates on all project activity versus their respective plans
- Produce reports for quarterly board meetings detailing key activities, results and forecasts
Requirements of the manager:
- It is essential that the Manager has come from a process engineering background, in water, chemical, oil & gas etc.
- Degree qualified in Chemical Engineering
- Experience in successfully managing cross functional teams (Process, Mechanical Engineers, Projects Engineer and Electrical Engineers)
- Background in development and implementation of processes, documentation and systems.
- Proven background in the successful delivery of projects.
- Competent IT skills
- A confident communicator who's management style is to encourage, develop and involve your teams.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: £65k to £70k
- Company Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Package (AXA PPP Scheme / Medicash Benefits)
- Life Cover (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days paid leave (3 days reserved for Christmas shutdown) + 8 bank holidays
- Company bonus scheme (based on profitability)
- Flexible Working available
- Ongoing training, development and support
- Work social events. Summer BBQ's, Go Karting etc.
- Free Parking on site
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.