£30,000 - £35,000
This is an excellent opportunity for a Estimating engineer to join a growing company which supplies award winning products to the construction industry.
The client that we are working with produces a range of bespoke solutions to meet the demands of commercial construction projects. With real opportunities for learning and development, successful candidates will become a valued member of our team and will be rewarded with a fulfilling and challenging career within the Group.
As Estimating Engineer who will be responsible for designing, specifying and pricing structurally adequate support products in response to client enquiries.
You will also be required to meet client expectations by ensuring prompt replies to queries, utilising all the information provided, implementing information gathered from design/site meetings and meeting site delivery dates. You will need to communicate effectively during a handover meeting with your appointed project team to ensure correct drawings are produced on time and in accordance with your design.
- To prepare an accurate, competitive and detailed technical schedules for support products with the assistance of a dedicated internal structural engineering team.
- Follow up schedules with customers via phone calls and emails to build relationships with key contacts.
- Provide basic calculations to the current standard for all products specified by you.
- Provide detailed handovers to the project team when orders are received.
- Provide excellent customer service; attend occasional office and site visits to develop customer relationships, solve technical issues and develop product design.
- Carry out product presentations as a training aid to staff and customers.
- Conduct site installation training sessions for customers when required.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a construction estimating/technical role.
- Strong ability to read construction drawings and extract relevant information efficiently
- Solid knowledge & understanding of the construction process
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Good organisational skills
- Commercially aware
- Target driven and ambitious
- Experience of using AutoCAD desirable
In return for your hard work and commitment, you will be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package including a range of both financial and non-financial benefits. You will be constantly challenged in this role and you will develop your skills and expertise in a range of areas. If successful, you will progress within our organisation and you will become a valuable member of our team.
If you are interested in this position then please give Paul Blackwell a call on 0117 959 2008 for a confidential chat.