EB5857 Ex-Military Trainee OTM Operator / Fitter (S)
Salary: £32,000 OTE Available (up to £45,000 on completion of training)
Location: Maidstone, Kent
(400 hrs over a 10 Week Period, inclusive of Days, Night and Weekends)
Rota’s will be given 3 weeks in advance of commencement and will consist of 5 Weeks’ worth of Roster.
Benefits: 34 Days Annual Leave (26 Days + 8 Days Bank Holiday which can be rostered)
Company Van, Fuel Card, Company Phone, PPE, PRE and Tools are Provided.
We are looking to recruit Ex-Military Trainee OTM Operator / Fitter (s) in the Maidstone area. This Ex-Military Trainee OTM Operator / Fitter (s) would ideally be mechanically minded and be able to perform weekend and shift duties. This Ex-Military Trainee OTM Operator / Fitter (s) main purpose is to drive, operate and maintain “on track” machines in a safe manner, in accordance with the competency based standards for Operator Driver Maintainers, and in accordance with the railway safety case.
The salary and benefits package for the role of Ex-Military Trainee OTM Operator / Fitter (s) is highly competitive and comes with a training package, which allows a salary increase after a 14 weeks training package if successful. The Ex-Military Trainee OTM Operator / Fitter (s) process is they will have to attend an Interview and then pass a Medical and Eye Test.
Applications from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) only.
Key areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for absorbing and retaining knowledge of traction, routes, rules and regulations, and operating notices;
- Maintain and update publications as required for machines and route knowledge also for the safe running of machines and trains;
- Able to act and adjust driving techniques accordingly to suit prevailing conditions, e.g. weather and rail conditions;
- Respond to, and if possible, fix service faults and failures;
- Operate “on tack machines” (OTM) in accordance with Railway Standards to the instructions of the customer's machine controller / Track Quality Supervisor (TQS) and Controller of Site Safety (COSS)
- Carry out daily and weekly maintenance and safety checks and assist fitter staff when fixing a machine breakdown or problem;
- Willing to continue learning and be trained
- Maintain a positive attitude and sense of professional pride
- Able to perform weekend and shift duties
- Practical knowledge and experience within mechanical engineering
- In possession of a full and valid road vehicle driving license
Full training will be provided but hands-on experience in the following would be an added benefit:
- Knowledge of standards and specifications (for Operating, Driving and Maintenance)
- Understanding of Railway Operation process
- Mechanically minded
- Windows 98, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Flexible, honest, and punctual
- Good Communication Skills
- Team worker
N.B. - Due to the nature of this job, Operator Driver Maintainers may sometimes have to work on their own where safe to do so.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.