Are you a Team Leader looking to break into the Aerospace Industry? Want to work in a modern manufacturing facility with state of the art equipment, plenty of overtime and an environment that encourages training and development? Then we want to hear from you!
The business is a specialist design, manufacturer, and supplier of a wide range of high-quality products for the aerospace and defense sectors, distributing all over the UK and overseas. Key clients include Tier 1 to Rolls Royce UK. The products are produced under a "World Class" quality system accredited to ISO9001, ensuring the highest possible standards are maintained. Part of the Midlands Aerospace Alliance, this company retains the reputation of a market leader in this industry by attention to detail and business excellence.
Benefits include a basic hourly rate of £17 - £19 p/h, overtime paid at Time & 1/2 for weekday and Saturday,
20 days holiday plus bank holidays, and extra days holiday for 0% sickness, a company pension scheme with up to 6.5% employer contributions, and an annual bonus (dependant on company performance and profitability)
Responsibilities for the role include -
- Organizing the team daily to carry out all works orders to ensure targets are met
- Supervising the team to ensure completion of jobs to customer required deadlines
- Ensure that all quality standards are met during and after each job is completed
- To ensure that all health and safety, PPE and best practice is being adhered to
- Troubleshooting any production issues, resolving before they escalate
- Carry out fabrication of various materials including mild, carbon, duplex, super duplex and stainless steel
- Marking out, cutting, folding, bending and shaping into required sizes
- MIG & TIG welding of materials, jigging of parts into place ready for positional welding
- Working from detailed engineering drawings and 3d diagrams, as well as material lists
We would love to hear from you if you've had experience in the following -
- previously worked as a Fabrication Supervisor, Team Leader, Workshop Foreman, Charge Hand or manager
- Be able to fabricate and weld all types of large scale structural projects
- Apprentice trained in welding and fabrication
- Understand and interpret 2D & 3D drawings
- Flexibility towards overtime when required
Working hours are 8am - 4:30pm Mon to Thurs, with a 4pm finish on Friday
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.