A Field Service Engineer is required to undertake investigative / repair work and services at customer sites and Company’s own products across the UK. The Field Service Engineer will ensure that all necessary administration is completed accurately and on-time. It is essential that you have NVQ level 3 in mechanical engineering or plant maintenance. The work will entail working on heavy plant equipment – mainly vehicles. Full training on the equipment will be provided so a good grounding on plant (with minimum 3 years experience) will suffice.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) who want a secure second career are strongly encouraged.
- Attend customer sites and conduct and complete scheduled services or repair work on Company branded machinery.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times and especially when on a Customer site.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner and in compliance with any Health and Safety Procedure in order to keep safe.
- Ensure that the work is performed in accordance with the instructions given by the Service Coordinator and in accordance with the Mobile Service Engineer Instruction document.
- Ensure that all parts required for the job have either been collected or shipped to the site and are available when the work is being performed.
- Prior to leaving the site:
- Inform the Customer of the work carried out
- Complete any relevant paperwork and documentation
- Update the Remote Fitter system
- Notify the Service Coordinator that the job has been completed
- Ensure that any “warranty” part is returned and correctly labelled to the Warranty Returns Area as soon as possible after the job has been concluded.
- Ensure all unused parts are returned to the designated returns area with clear labelling showing the job reference numbers.
- Work in the Workshop as and when required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of plant maintenance and repair
- NVQ 3 in Mechanical Engineering / Plant Maintenance or equivalent
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good literacy and IT skills
- Good knowledge of hydraulic systems and drawings
- Good knowledge of diesel engines (up to 18L)
- Knowledge of diagnostic systems
- Must be keen to develop and learn new skills and gain new knowledge
- Be happy with UK travel and overnight stays
- Field service experience working on customer sites
- UK driving licence
- Electrical knowledge
- Applications knowledge of road building or crushing equipment
- Experience of working with mobile equipment