Multiple Field Service Engineers are required by one of the world’s leading companies in home appliance manufacturing in delivering field based customer service and product repair, modification and installation in the South of England, in particular PO, SO, GU or RH postcodes. The Field Service Engineer will take responsibility for the resolution of customer/product issues in order to maintain and enhance the reputation of the company and its brands. The Field Service Engineer will have both a mechanical and electrical background, ideally you will have worked with home appliances but training will be provided. You must also have a driving licence and excellent customer service.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ensure the effective repair and first time resolution of all in-home customer repairs within an agreed area
- Carry out repairs, modifications and installation of Company Products and Home Appliances in the field
- Maintain a safe working environment for both yourself and those around you at all times.
- Conduct yourself in accordance with the training you have been given in a manner in keeping with our company image and the delivery of the highest levels of customer service.
- Advise our customers on the correct operation of their products to enable them to utilise the appliance correctly
- Actively promote our service business and relationships by conducting dealer and customer visits
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the call centre and field support offices
- Diagnose faults with the company’s range of products and rectify as required
- Maintain an up-to-date van stock of parts, in accordance with current van stock lists and to ensure parts are safeguarded from damage
- Carry out repairs on stock appliance held in retailer’s premises
- Maintain all equipment spares and tools in a satisfactory manner and ensure that company property and information is safeguarded at all times
- Ensure confidentiality and appropriate use of customer information in accordance with data protection legislation
- Where supplied, a uniform should be worn whilst working and maintained in a satisfactory condition
- Adhere to all Company processes, procedures, policies and standards
- Perform all other duties as reasonably required that are consistent with both training and experience
- Full and valid driving license
- Fit and able to move and handle white goods equipment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer Focused
- Able to work independently
- Computer literate
- Time service mechanical/electrical apprenticeship or equivalent
- Reasonable geographical knowledge
Information to be provided at a later stage
£25,000 + overtime
Van + tools
25 days holiday
Full training provided and possible career progression