This is a a lovely role working in a rural location, near to Ilminster, within the finance team as a Finance Assistant to provide support the Finance Manager. The role will involve working with both the finance team as well as providing administrative support to other areas of the business.
Main duties will include;
- To answer telephone calls, taking messages or redirecting calls, as appropriate
- Process purchase ledger post on a daily basis
- Processing of credit card payments and expenses
- Check invoices against Purchase Orders and deliveries, and obtain authorisation for invoices where appropriate
- Chase Suppliers where Purchase Order Numbers have not been quoted
- Match Invoices to Purchase Order on In-house data base and input details into database
- Match all Credit Notes to the relevant Invoices and input relevant details onto Database
- Reconcile supplier accounts to statements
- Administration support to other areas of the business as needed
Successful candidates will need previous purchase ledger experience and must be able to update spreadsheets and databases with a high level of accuracy. Attention to detail, efficiency and patience are essential qualities as well as a good understanding of all Microsoft applications specifically Excel, Word and Outlook and strong computer and data entry skills.
Hours of work are Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm. The client is ideally looking for someone to start immediately.
This is initially on a temporary contract for approximately 6 months but could be extended after this time depending on workload.
Rate of pay is between £9.00 and £10.00 per hour dependant on experience.
If you are available and interested please call Samantha on 01823 334799.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.