£40 - 45k per annum, depending on experience
A leading global manufacturer of industrial generators and compressors are currently seeking a Finance Manager to support the UK accounting function across 3 manufacturing sites. You will be responsible for preparing monthly accounts to tight deadlines and producing reports, as well as budgets and forecasts. As well as the competitive basic salary, they offer 25 days holiday, rising to 32 with service, a pension after 3 months and a generous life assurance scheme. They work with a diverse customer base through a family of trusted brands.
- Month end: Reconcile sales and standard margin (billings analysis) ensuring completeness and accuracy. Review standard margins to confirm accuracy of income statement.
- Budgets and forecasts: Take lead role in annual budget and quarterly forecast process ensuring that relevant stakeholders are engaged and supported where necessary.
- General Ledger: Preparation and posting of accurate and timely journal entries, including but not limited to, sales, CoS, inventory and a variety of other manufacturing variances.
- Reconciliations: Performs monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, which may include various accruals and prepayments, obsolete and slow moving inventory provisions and any other requisite balance sheet reserves. Performs controls over accounts and helps meeting the company's SOx and audit requirements.
- Process improvements: Continually streamline department information flows by identifying and developing process improvements in order to ensure that tight deadlines are met.
- Reports: Provides timely, accurate and professional reports that may include daily input / output updates, weekly shipping forecasts, inventory analysis plus annual federal and state tax type schedules required by both domestic and international locations.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Fully qualified accountant with current membership of accounting institute (CIMA/ACCA)
- Experienced with standard costing in a manufacturing environment
- Question the status quo and able to challenge operational leaders in a collaborative manner
- Experience in public, global manufacturing or in a manufacturing environment
- Reporting and consolidation issues including those associated with GAAP and SEC rules and regulations incl. SOx
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- £40 - 45k per annum
- 25 days holiday, rising to 32 with length of service
- Pension after 3 months
- 2 x salary life assurance
- Health Plan Scheme
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.