Are you looking to make a difference? If so, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a growing multi-sited manufacturing business based in Birmingham for a Finance Manager. The business has grown organically and via acquisitions. The Group has committed to further investment and as a result of a reorganisation there is the need for a high-calibre Finance Manager to join the company reporting into the Finance Director and help drive the business even further forward.
The main aim of the role is to ensure the timely management accounting, financial reporting and robust financial controls and disciplines are in place. Ensure financial performance is in line with strategic goals and the risks are clearly communicated to the business. To work closely with the internal key members of senior management team to find solutions to issues and manage the relationship with external parties.
As the Finance Manager, you will have wide-ranging responsibilities to include:
- Take the lead in managing the schedule the work of the Finance Department to ensure timely management reporting;
- Take ownership and completion of the monthly management accounting pack to include Profit and Loss, Balance sheet, with posting of journals, reconciliations of control accounts and production of Board packs and reporting to Group;
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the monthly payroll, ensuring all necessary payments for payroll deductions and submissions to HMRC and liaise when necessary;
- Provide monthly customer margin analysis and dashboard KPI reports;
- Prepare the quarterly VAT returns and Intrastat submissions to the tax authorities and other external authorities;
- Be the point of contact for the auditors and prepare the year-end accounting file and information in readiness for the annual audit;
- Supervise a small finance team to include training and support;
- Contribute to the budgeting and forecasting cycle;
- Business partner the operational and commercial teams by attending operational meetings and challenging business;
- Involvement in stock control and investigations;
- Ensure high quality financial controls are in place and standardise the procedures across the business;
- Full control of the fixed assets and depreciation calculations;
- Liaise with the Financial Director on projects and day-to-day issues.
You will have worked in a hands-on finance role, ideally your background will be:
- Recognised accounting qualification ACMA, ACCA, ACA;
- At least 3 years post qualified experience working within a manufacturing/industrial environment;
- Hands-on accounts experience and a good understanding of management accounting and financial reporting;
- Understand the disciplines of stock and inventory;
- Experience of managing a small team of clerical/accounting staff;
- Good financial and analytical skills and a solid understanding of IT & financial systems especially in Excel, Microsoft Navision ERP and Sage payroll;
- Strong drive to ensure there is continuous improvement and get it done;
- Able to communicate with all levels of the business both with finance and non-finance staff;
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity at all times even when working under pressure;
- Continually challenge and influence key personnel to make balanced decisions for the benefit of the whole business.
In return the business can offer an excellent package with a career within a progressive company.