Job Title: Finance & Operations Officer
Location: Haynes West End, Bedford MK45
Job Purpose: To coordinate and deliver the Financial and Administrative processes
We are seeking a highly organised and motivated person with the necessary skills and hands on approach to support the finance and administrative processes.
Ideally you have experienced in using the current Sage 50 cloud software packages. You must also be confident in building and maintaining excel spreadsheets.
You must be prepared to work in a busy environment, working as part of a team and independently.
The role may also have responsibility for other specific projects and tasks.
Main Duties and Areas of Responsibilities:
- To coordinate, process and maintain
- Accounts package (currently SAGE) processing including
- Sales Ledger
- Purchase Ledger
- Nominal Ledger Understanding
- Account & Petty Cash Reconciliations
- Donations and Gift Aid
- Visa /card services reconciliations
To prepare and maintain and report on the Management Accounts
- Fixed Assets
- Bank Reconciliations
- VAT Returns & Reconciliations
- Trial Balance
- Profit & Loss
- Balance Sheet
- Management Account Reporting
- Year End Preparation
- Annual Report and Statutory annual accounts
- Liaising with Auditors, Bank Manager, appointed Legal Advisors and VAT specialist
To prepare, maintain and report on Payroll / HR tasks
- Preparation and maintenance of staff contracts and staff files
- Analysis and reporting of resources and timesheets
- Analysis and reporting of absence and holiday records
- Processing of monthly payroll inclusive of PAYE and online submissions
- Preparation and maintenance of Pension records
- Payroll Year Ends - On line filing
- Check, maintain and process expenses claims
Hours of work: Full Time role - 37.5 hours per week
Annual leave entitlement: You will be entitled to 28 days annual leave plus public holidays (pro rata), increasing to 33 days after 5 years.
Pension: A Stakeholder Pension is available with employer's contribution of 3-5%
Vehicle & travel requirements: On occasions you may be required to visit other offices in the Leighton Buzzard area. A mileage allowance is given for travel
Hybrid working 1/2 Days - This will begin after the training period has ended
If you are interested, please get in touch ASAP or if this is not the exact role you are searching for please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss other opportunities.