An exciting, fast-paced role for an experienced Financial Controller or Senior Management Accountant to join a well-established, successful and growing recruitment business based in North Yorkshire. As Financial Controller, you will take an active role in providing accurate and timely reporting to the directors whilst also helping to steer the strategic direction of the business.
As Financial Controller, your role will include:
- Preparing full sets of management accounts across the divisions and sites, including P&L
- Generating and managing cost centres and divisional accounts
- Analysing variance against budgets, evaluating costs and proposing new ways of reducing overheads
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Statutory and legislative requirements, HMRC, Pensions, VAT
- Accruals and prepayments responsibility while maintaining a full, accurate audit trail
- Bank reconciliations
- Procurement of facility management services
- Fixed assets register maintenance
- Management of a small team
- Overseeing weekly and monthly payrolls
Ideally, you will:
- Enjoy developing process and systems that enable the business to run smoothly, producing meaningful KPI analysis and help to scale up with the expansion
- Be confident in explaining financial information to non-financial colleagues and have strong Excel/IT literacy including Sage 50 and Sage Payroll
- Have a 'hands on' attitude and an ability to see issues as they arise and respond/escalate as needed
- Be flexible and open minded with a solution focused approach
- Be detail oriented and capable of setting up robust finance processes from start to finish
- Have experience of working within an SME business
This role would suit a part or fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA, ICAEW) who has previous experience gained as a Financial Controller, Finance Manager or Management Accountant. You will be looking to join a friendly SME, who is eager to learn and absorb from the current team and work with the director/owners who want to take their business to the next level.
To apply for this Financial Controller role, please click below now
Castle Employment is an award-winning recruitment company based in Scarborough, Leeds and York. With over 50 years of experience, we deliver a market leading service building long-term relationships with our candidates. We offer an honest, straightforward approach, tailored to deliver exactly what our candidates need.
Castle Employment provides temporary, permanent and contract employment opportunities throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our highly experienced team of consultants are all specialists within their field of recruitment and have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their roles ensuring that they can deliver a perfect match for your career aspirations.
At Castle Employment Group, we recognise and appreciate the value of high-quality candidates - so only right that we reward the people who introduce them to us.
Simply refer a friend to us, and if we find them a temporary or permanent position we will reward you with a shopping voucher to spend on yourself.