We are currently recruiting a Fundraising Executive for a charity based in North London. This role will be supporting the organisation in the raising funds and project managing along with administrative support for developing a major new service.
Once the initial funds are raised, there will be ongoing fundraising events and donors required to continue with the ongoing running of the project.
The main essence of this role is to support in managing fundraising events, liaising with donors and managing other projects, to raise funds for the overall new building development.
For the role of Fundraising Executive, you will be given extensive benefits in this role including: -
- Salary of circa £30k
- Above average holiday leave
- Pension scheme
- Sickness pay
- Meeting some very interesting influential people
- Onsite parking
- Easily accessible by public transport
The Key Areas of Responsibilities for a fundraiser;
- To create and maintain the database of prospects, recording actions from fundraising committee, keeping track of and co-ordinating the “asks”
- To produce updated schedules of prospect reports, prepare bespoke fundraising material for each prospect – updating with relevant information from the architect and building team
- To work with colleagues to ensure all donations are thanked and banked
- To prepare monitoring reports as required for donors / Trusts and Foundations
- To create naming maps and recognition schedules
- To produce donor communications and mailings
- To arranging site visits, topping out ceremony and other relevant events
- To co-ordinating bespoke project requirements such as website content / time lapse camera
- To contribute to fundraising and interdepartmental meetings as required.
- To nurture good relationships with existing and prospective donors, developing stewardship programmes. This will include demonstrating and showing to donors/ prospective donors the organisations services and attending other events in order to present the organisations case for support.
- To contribute to and implement innovative, practical and profitable ideas for the ongoing development of the organisations fundraising strategy.
- To support all colleagues within the fundraising team and undertake any other reasonable
- duties and activities as requested by the Major Donor Fundraising Manager and the Director of Fundraising, Marketing and Communications.
- To capitalise on the goodwill that exists in the community for the organisation and reinforce it where it needs strengthening by being a positive ambassador at all times.
- To undertake training and attend courses as appropriate.
- This crucial role involves an expectation that the post holder will co-operate by working if necessary outside the working hours for events and meetings.
- The Fundraising Department is based at the organisations Head Office in North London, but attendance at events and meetings at other organisations sites or other venues is taken to be part of the role.
- To operate within Charity Law and Data Protection legislation and adhere to the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Practice.
- To make yourself aware of, abide by and support all organisations policies, including, but not exclusively, confidentiality and data protection, safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, equality and diversity, non-discriminatory practice, Health and safety reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
My client is looking for a fundrasing exeutive candidate who is used to liaising and making contact with patrons, benefactors or people of high standing in the community.
If you have not had experience within the charity sector, but have been working with high profile individuals in a customer facing role, this may also be the role for you.
This role is to start as soon as possible, therefore if you are interested in the role, do apply as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will also be required to have a full DBS disclosure check carried out by the company.
Oakley Professional Recruitment is an Independent Recruitment Consultancy, working on behalf of our client.