General Ledger Accountant £30,000 - £31,000 Shirley
We are currently recruiting for a General Ledger Accountant to join our client based in Solihull, Shirley. We are looking for candidates with previous experience within financial accounting and ideally experience in a shared service centre environment. This is an immensely challenging and rewarding role where attention to detail and credibility are key. This is a full-time, permanent position offering a competitive salary and fantastic benefits.
The General Ledger Accountant role consists of taking responsibility for the general ledger accounting and statutory submissions for numerous legal entitles within the EMEA region.
The ideal candidate will speak Arabic or a European or Middle Eastern foreign language.
Main Duties of the General Ledger Accountant include:
- To be responsible for the balance sheets and end of the month reports
- Take part in the analytical evaluations of the assigned entitles and document/validate variances
- To complete the fixed asset accounting, bank reconciliations and prepayment accounting
- Preparing VAT returns and assisting with the corporate quarterly and yearly report packs
- To complete balance sheet reconciliations
- Help with the margin reporting on 3rd party products
- Responsible for the group audit requests under distinct deadlines
- Support the statutory accountant/auditors in the yearly contents including the ledger queries
- Help the tax group with the annual returns by taking part in the analysis
- Contribute to the ad hoc projects
To be considered for the role of General Ledger Accountant you will have:
- Have a good knowledge of Excel
- Be a PQ Accountant or have the equivalent experience
- 1 years’ experience within financial accounting (SSC GL environment would be ideal)
- Strong communication and written English skills
- The capability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines and be able to work under one’s own initiative
Please contact us ASAP if you have the skills required for these positions.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy. If you are not selected for this particular position, your CV will be kept on file and you may be contacted for other suitable roles in the future. All our vacancies are listed at www.kateandco.co