- Salary: £35,000 - £38,000pa, depending on experience
- Reference: RL7767
- Permanent - Full-time
- Closing Date - 8th April 2019
Castle Hospitality division are recruiting for an Experienced General Manager for a local unique Michelin-starred hospitality client based in the Thirsk, North Yorkshire area. The restaurant has a wide-ranging food offer from multi-course Tasting Menu and private dining options. The position would initially focus on the restaurant front of house operation working alongside the rest of the team, with the opportunity to optimise the two front of house operations and, potentially look to become more involved in the management of the hotel in the longer term.
- To lead the restaurant front of house operation with a major emphasis on encouraging teamwork and providing a hands-on and mature example, as well as establishing consistent procedures, standards and documented induction and training manuals
- To recruit junior front of house staff (any new appointments to be subject to prior confirmation by the Senior Management Team) and to oversee the induction training of all new front of house staff, including Health and Safety
- To work with the Chef/Director on the front of house staff rota and arranging cover staff in emergencies. To ensure that HR procedures are carried out in line with Company policy, including following and recording disciplinary procedures when appropriate, and carry out staff appraisals on a rolling basis
- To communicate and police the Company policy regarding staff drinks, smoking, drinking in front of customers, providing a mature personal example
- To facilitate effective training and ongoing development of the team, as well as aiming to improve own wine and drink as well as food knowledge on a continuing basis;
- To work towards an on-going programme of improving standards of a minimum of One Michelin star/aspirational Two-star level
- To maintain the clients profitability (excludes the responsibility for margins on food dishes) with a minimum average monthly 65% gross profit and target GP of 70%. To continue to manage and develop the Company's drink offer overseeing the ordering of bar supplies, pricing, wine stocks, stock rotation and restaurant consumables in line with Company policy
- To support the Weddings and Events Coordinator, as required, for example with non-residential group bookings and liaison with customers with very specific visit requirements
- To help to promote the restaurant and outside areas as a celebration destination for groups and special events and functions in line with Company policy from time to time;
- To maximise up-selling opportunities, keeping good supplies of marketing materials on display and encouraging staff to ensure they have a good knowledge of forthcoming events, etc
- Excellent Food and Bar/Cellar Knowledge, including Cocktails
- To have or be working towards the WSET Level 3 Award
- To hold or be working towards a First Aider Certificate
- To hold a Personal Licence and full Driving Licence
- To provide a consistent, smart and mature example for team members
- Strong Leadership & Management skills
- To be able to delegate tasks and manage own time
- To have a minimum of 3 years General management experience and 1-year Restaurant management
- Excellent Motivator & Leader
- Financially astute and full business acumen
- Hospitality Sector
- Michelin Starred Venue
- Busy & Popular Hotel/Restaurant & Bar
- Top 50 Gastro Pubs
- 2018 Certificate of Excellence - Trip Advisor
- Salary: Competitive Salary - DOE
- Reference: RL7767
- Meals on duty
- Company discounts
Castle Employment Group is an award-winning recruitment company based in Scarborough, Leeds and York. With over 50 years of experience, we deliver a market leading service building long-term relationships with our candidates. We offer an honest, straightforward approach, tailored to deliver exactly what our candidates need.
Castle Employment provides temporary, permanent and contract employment opportunities throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our highly experienced team of consultants are all specialists within their field of recruitment and have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their roles ensuring that they can deliver a perfect match for your career aspirations.
At Castle Employment Group, we recognise and appreciate the value of high-quality candidates - so only right that we reward the people who introduce them to us. Simply refer a friend to us, and if we find them a temporary or permanent position we will reward you with a shopping voucher to spend on yourself.
Due to the high volume of candidates that apply for our applications, we are unable to get in touch with every application. Therefore, if you haven't heard from one of our consultants within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.