Job Title - Head Chef
Reference No. - VC10253
Salary - £26,500 per year
Job Type - Permanent
Location - Malton
As Head Chef in this brand-new casual dining Malton venue you will be leading a kitchen team in delivering a first-class experience using fresh ingredients in a well-equipped kitchen. The Head Chef will be working over 5 days up to 50 hours per week and have the opportunity to develop and lead on menus and by doing so have the chance to drive the business forward. This will be rewarded with a very competitive salary depending on your level of experience for the role. As this will be a new business the opportunity will be to develop the brand and build customer relationships through consistent desirable food!
The Company - This brand-new Malton venue is an all-day casual dining concept offering a great mixture of traditional and exciting new dishes. Opening in Spring 2020.
- Manage & lead a small kitchen team in delivering a 1st class service
- Motivate, train & develop the current kitchen team
- Ensure all dietary requirements are met
- Assist with the recruitment process for future chefs as and when required and to ensure all new starter inductions are complete.
- Assisting in the production of staff rotas is conjunction with the business owners
- To ensure all compliance with food hygiene, health and safety and cleanliness of the kitchen
- Plan & develop menus ready for the launch
- Stock management including purchasing & building supplier relationships
- To ensure the correct use of equipment and report any maintenance issues
- Control all operating expenses within the area in line with budgeted GP%
- To make recommendations and planning for changes to product experience and service standards
- To support the business owners in ensuring that all food departments run efficiently to maximise profitability
- Experience at Head Chef/Kitchen Manager level
- Experience in menu development
- Food Hygiene Level 2 or above
- NVQ Catering Qualifications or equivalent
- Allergan Awareness
- Experience working within set budgets for staffing and stock
Benefits - The role of Head Chef is offering a very competitive salary of £26,500. You would be required to work up to 50 hours a week over 5 days including evening, weekends & bank holidays consisting of mainly straight shifts although different shift patterns could be discussed
Castle Employment Group is an award-winning recruitment company based in Scarborough, Leeds and York. With over 50 years of experience, we deliver a market leading service building long-term relationships with our candidates. We offer an honest, straightforward approach, tailored to deliver exactly what our candidates need.
Castle Employment provides temporary, permanent and contract employment opportunities throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our highly experienced team of consultants are all specialists within their field of recruitment and have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their roles ensuring that they can deliver a perfect match for your career aspirations.
At Castle Employment Group, we recognise and appreciate the value of high-quality candidates - so only right that we reward the people who introduce them to us. Simply refer a friend to us, and if we find them a temporary or permanent position we will reward you with a shopping voucher to spend on yourself.
Due to the high volume of candidates that apply for our applications, we are unable to get in touch with every application. Therefore, if you haven't heard from one of our consultants within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.