Head Chef - Six Restaurant
Salary - £26k - £30k (depending on experience) + tips
Fresh Element are the group behind the award winning restaurant SIX, situated on the top floor of BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art. Along with spectacular views of the Newcastle Gateshead Quayside, SIX offers a fantastic modern British menu served with flair and charm in a unique setting.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Head Chef to support the Executive Chef in managing and driving our kitchen team.
The role requires the successful candidate to have an exceptional work ethic and strong communication skills. Experience in fast moving kitchens is a must for any successful candidate.
Candidates for this role are required to have previous professional experience within a quality environment and must have a genuine passion for the industry. You must also be willing to work across all of our departments when required.
What We Are Looking For
Successful individuals will be able to demonstrate the following:
* Experience in managing and leading a large and diverse team of chefs and kitchen porters.
* Professional experience working in a quality establishment.
* Experience in collaboratively developing menus and dishes, with particular focus on sustainability and seasonality.
* Experience in stock control, menu costing and GP% monitoring.
* Experience in rota creation with particular emphasis on wage% monitoring.
* A steady and stable career in catering.
* High volume experience is desired from all candidates.
* Excellent organisation and communication skills.
* IT literate and experience in using ordering and stock control systems.
* A passion for food and its presentation, service, and quality.
* Strong background in Health & Safety and Food Safety procedures including allergen awareness and implementing and maintaining best practices.
* Be flexible to shift patterns.
* Can remain calm and behave professionally within high pressure environments.
What you get from us
* Staff keep 100% of Tips (paid through TRONC system)
* 28 days holiday plus extra days for years worked
* Access to Hospitality Action Helpline
* Birthday vouchers
* Extra holiday days for fundraising events
* Food on shift
* Flexible working
* The chance to be at the forefront of the sustainability movement
* The chance to work in a creative and rewarding environment
* Generous discounts at all Fresh Element venues
* Support in training and professional development
To apply, please click 'Apply' to forward a copy of you CV