- Salary: Up to £30,000 circa plus bonus- depending on experience
- Reference: RL7762
- Permanent - Full-time
- Closing Date - 8th February 2019
Castle Hospitality division are recruiting for a Head Chef for a local unique hospitality client based in the centre of Scarborough, North Yorkshire area. The successful Head Chef is responsible for the running of the kitchen, menu's and ordering of stock.
JOB PURPOSE: To fully manage the kitchen and other chefs to ensure all meals are prepared and delivered to a high standard in a timely manner. To oversee the operations of the food side of the business, including working to budgets, targets, managing stock and maximising sales and growth.
- To manage the chefs in the kitchen and to ensure they produce high quality food every service.
- The ability to motivate and develop existing kitchen staff.
- To ensure that any special dietary meals are prepared.
- Assist with the recruitment process for future chefs as and when required and to ensure all new starter inductions are complete.
- To carry out and be responsible for the training of kitchen staff and ensure that the training records and appraisals are kept up to date
- Preparation of staff rotas to ensure the correct staffing levels always.
- To ensure all compliance with food hygiene, health and safety and cleanliness of the kitchen and stores areas.
- To monitor the temperature, quality and portion size of all food served from the kitchen areas.
- To ensure the effective control of refrigeration and dry store goods to ensure food safety and that there is no waste. To ensure that all food leaving the Kitchen is prepared and served to the pre-agreed consistent high standards, ensuring that all hot food leaving the Kitchen is at the required temperature.
- To ensure that all areas of responsibility, including delivery and refuse areas, are kept sanitised and free from dust and debris at all times, following, strict and pre-agreed cleaning schedules.
- Attend meetings as requested by Management
- To ensure that all the costs are maintained within budget and provide where necessary proposals for corrective action.
- Order supplies to maintain stock levels appropriate to business demands. All paperwork to be correctly recorded.
- To be responsible for all stocks held in the department, its requisition, safe storage and usage to ensure proper control of costs achieved.
- Ensure that all items and services used are correctly recorded and charged to the appropriate guest.
- To control purchasing foods, ensuring that the agreed stock control measures are carried out always.
- To Ensure the correct use of equipment and report any maintenance issues.
- Control all operating expenses within the area in line with budgeted GP%.
- To Lead by example and ensure all legislation and company policies are adhered to
- To make recommendations and planning for changes to product experience and service standards
- To support the General Manager in ensuring that all food departments run efficiently to maximise profitability
- To report back to the General Manager weekly and discuss stock reports, targets and GP.
- To work with the General Manager to set yearly budgets
- To work as part of the team with the Front of House Managers to support and cover each other when required
- Proven Head Chef experience
- Food/Catering Manager experience
- Hands on experience who can oversee operations, to motivate a team to deliver the service required
- Good Organiser and can lead a small team
- Examples of Menus Created
- Good Communication skills
- Maintain a professional attitude and demeanour, including courteous interactions with colleagues and employees, encountered during work.
- Be flexible with work schedules, remain calm and courteous.
- An ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness, common sense and local knowledge to respond to guest's enquiries and requests.
Hours of work: Full time hours, working 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis. Hours of work will be working straight shifts, including day shifts and evenings, to include working late on Friday & Saturdays to support the kitchen staff during opening hours when required.
- Hospitality Sector
- Hotel, Restaurant & Bar
- Pension Scheme
- Good rates of pay
- Profit Share Offered
- The business is easily accessible from the main road, public transport links
- Salary: Up to £30,000 circa depending on experience,
- Bonus offered in line with Budget targets
- Reference: RL7762
- Meals on Duty
- Excellence holiday allowance, including bank holidays
- Free parking
- No Split Shifts
- To work as part of a close team and a unique & respected business locally
For further details please contact Tina Tout at Castle Hospitality on 01723 500643 and email your CV to email@example.com
Castle Employment is an award-winning recruitment company based in Scarborough, Leeds and York. With over 50 years of experience, we deliver a market leading service building long-term relationships with our candidates. We offer an honest, straightforward approach, tailored to deliver exactly what our candidates need.
Castle Employment provides temporary, permanent and contract employment opportunities throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our highly experienced team of consultants are all specialists within their field of recruitment and have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their roles ensuring that they can deliver a perfect match for your career aspirations.
At Castle Employment Group, we recognise and appreciate the value of high-quality candidates - so only right that we reward the people who introduce them to us.
Simply refer a friend to us, and if we find them a temporary or permanent position we will reward you with a shopping voucher to spend on yourself.