Over recent years the company has doubled in size. The plans are exciting and ambitious, and the plans are to double in size again over the next 3-year period.
This Head of Finance and Operations role has a strong commercial bias with the focus points being:
- To establish the business as the ‘best in class’ customer service provider.
- To provide good commercial financial support to help develop the business.
- To deliver effective reporting on business performance which will empower the management team.
- Developing customer service to ‘Best in Class’ level.
- Implementing and maintaining internal reporting in order to best support business management.
- Overseeing the financial accounting to ensure accurate, complicit and timely reporting.
- Improving and streamline management reporting.
- Championing financial planning and forecasting in order to keep the management team focused.
- Overseeing warehousing and logistics to support and ensure optimum customer service.
- Supporting the management team in evaluating and assessing the profitability of new opportunities.
- Managing the balance sheet and ensure that the business always has enough cash.
- Managing and developing direct reports which include; Accountant (responsible for 2 staff), Ops Manager (responsible for 9 warehouse staff and 5 sales administrators) and dotted line responsibility for the Product Manager.
To be a successful Head of Finance and Operations you will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent leadership qualities that inspire excellent customer service and deliver high-quality customer experience.
- Qualified ACA/ ACCA/ ACMA or equivalent with a proven track record at this level.
- Experience of working within a “Stock” business is a must.
- Strong IT focus to drive efficiency and improve current reporting systems.
In return, the Head of Finance and Operations will receive £80,000 to £100,000 per annum.