Job Title: Head of Procurement
Salary: £400 per day
Type: Interim 3 months
We are an organisation committed to prevent homelessness and support people at every step of their recovery form homelessness.
The purpose of this role is to provide professional procurement advice and support to colleagues and to procure and deliver contracts in order to maximise Value for Money and ensure legal compliance.
The aim of the role is to:
- Manage the procurement process for tenders up to and including OJEU value from beginning to end, including contract mobilisation, to ensure we achieve Value for Money and has compliant contracts in place.
- Develop and manage Procurement Plans for Service areas to ensure procurement activity is planned in advance wherever possible.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with our stakeholders.
- Support the development of Procurement and Contract Management policy, guidance and templates.
- Deliver procurement and contract management training.
- Assist and guide our staff with purchasing from existing contracts and procurement of contracts to drive better procurement practice. This will include email and face to face advice, developing and providing template documentation, informal training and promoting the service.
- Identify opportunities for savings and deliver these savings in order to contribute to Value for Money savings targets.
- Maintain commercial and legal awareness in respect of procurement and contract management.
- To run tenders from £25,000 up to and including OJEU procurement.
- To develop, in consultation with key stakeholders, Business Cases (Gateway 1) and Contract Award reports (Gateway 2).
- To develop and maintain, in consultation with key stakeholders, Procurement Plans for the following service areas in order to ensure procurement activity is planned rather than reactive wherever possible: Finance, HR, Governance, IT, Communications and Fundraising. This portfolio may be subject to change in accordance with the demands of the business.
- To respond to procurement enquiries within the team SLA.
- To support the Procurement Officer in maintaining an up to date Contracts Register and Contract Performance Database through liaison with colleagues and suppliers, to ensure legal compliance and supplier performance and to provide this information to the Head of Procurement for Performance Reports (Gateway 3).
- To develop and continuously improve Procurement and Contract Management Guidance, Templates and Training for Procurement activity in order to support colleagues to carry out their own procurement activity with confidence.
- To conduct and present quarterly spend analysis based on spend data extracted from our Finance System in order to identify target areas for savings and putting contracts in place.
- To identify and deliver savings through the procurement process and through making improvements to contract management processes.
- To attend procurement training and events as agreed with the Head of Procurement in order to maintain knowledge and awareness of procurement law and related legislation.
- To deputise for the Head of Procurement as required.
- Minimum CIPS Level 4 qualified.
- Demonstrable experience of high-value competitive tendering and running mini-competitions through Frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience of running OJEU procurements.
- Demonstrable experience of contract management.
- Demonstrable evidence of making savings through procurement.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to constructively challenge specifications/ statements of requirements and existing contractual arrangements to ensure Value for Money.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyse and present spend data clearly in MS Excel and excellent administration/record keeping skills.
- Ability to write clear reports for senior management sign-off recommending
- How goods and services should be procured
- Why a contract should be awarded to a supplier
- An understanding of the key areas of commercial and contract law, particularly the Public Contract