Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Establish and control the Cost of Quality and lead initiatives to reduce non-conformance including scrap and re-work in manufacturing, as well as improving On-time Delivery.
- Coach cross-functional teams in-house in Lean initiatives, Continuous Improvement and Root Cause Analysis and other Corrective Action processes, including 5-Why, 8-D and other similar problem-solving techniques, to prevent recurrence of non-conformance.
- Take responsibility for the Company’s Management System and personnel to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements in-house and across the supplier base.
- Work closely with other Departments to ensure the full integration of the System and team, into all areas of the business, including manufacturing and design.
- Promote a culture of Total Quality within the Management function to improve efficiencies and processes and ensure full compliance with AS9100 Rev ‘D’.
- Manage suppliers and monitor performance, including on-time delivery, non-compliance and cost and support them with improvement programmes where appropriate.
- Develop effective and co-operative relationships with Customers key contacts, engineering and operations.
- Rigorously investigate all incidents of non-compliance and undertake appropriate corrective action, in conjunction with other leadership teams within the business.
- Have previous experience in responsibility for the quality management function, ideally in an Aerospace and/or Defence related manufacturing environment. However, Candidates with experience of other strict regulatory environments, including Automotive, Oil and Gas and Pharma will also be considered.
- Have a good knowledge of the AS9100 Rev ‘D’ Management system including all the regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Have a sound track record in establishing the true cost of non-compliance, including scrap, re-work and supplier non-conformances, to reduce both manufacturing and engineering costs.
- Have experience of working in a Lean, Continuous Improvement, Total Quality environment
- Ideally be qualified at least Degree level or equivalent, in an appropriate discipline, ideally with membership of the Institute of Quality or other relevant organisation
- Ambitious, determined and focussed on making a difference, combined with good interpersonal team-building and leadership skills. Well developed analytical skills are also required.