You will be managing and developing the department, ensuring there is an effective process for production and customer requirements. You will also be ensuring that furnace uptime is managed in line with internal requirements and that all parts are conforming through mechanical laboratory checks.
As a Heat Treatment/Laboratory Manager, your duties will include:
- Ensuring that all company health, safety, environmental and quality standards and procedures are always adhered to.
- Ensuring twice-yearly service schedule is adhered to, to ensure optimum uptime.
- Organising the two departments to achieve the best possible results in production.
- Ensuing call out rota is maintained, and personnel are available when required.
- Increasing productivity and improving lead times.
- Combining the 2 departments to work side by side.
- Developing operators’ skills to enhance their job capabilities.
- Developing the department's equipment and facilities.
- Ensuring laboratory checks are carried out in line with internal requirements.
- Identifying opportunities for cost savings or additional scope activities.
- Reporting targets to the Operations Manager.
- Liaising with the site Cell Leaders and prioritising their work in accordance with the company’s monthly target.
- Managing workloads and ensuring communication to key internal stakeholders is to the highest of standards.
- Optimising processes – assessing all processes and updating where necessary.
- An understanding of Heat Treatment techniques.
- Knowledge of Non-destructive testing.
- Knowledge of metallurgy.
- Previous management experience, ideally within a heat treatment/metallurgical discipline.
- A hands-on managerial style.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SAP is preferred but is not essential.
To apply for this role, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV.