Our client wishes to recruit enthusiastic, self-motivated HGV Recovery Technicians to join their in-house team providing recovery assistance.
HGV Drivers (C+E) with relevant experience and qualifications a distinct advantage but they are willing to train someone with the right “can do” attitude and confidence to learn how to recover commercial vehicles.
This is a full time permanent position for an extremely well established business + 28 days holidays + guaranteed overtime. They want candidates who will stay with them for the long-haul and develop in the Company.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this position.
- Carry out daily check of Company fleet vehicles and complete the defect report.
- Drive company vehicles as efficiently and safely as possible to arrive on scene with maximum ETA (up to 90 minutes in South East England area).
- Access casualty vehicle on scene and record existing damage, taking photos as required.
- Recover vehicle to required location, without further damage.
- Regularly check PPE, tools and equipment in vehicles are serviceable and report any defects immediately to the office.
- Maintenance of fleet vehicles to include topping up levels, greasing up equipment, and regularly cleaning interior and exterior of vehicles.
- If required assist workshop department with collection / delivery to customer, road tests to ensure defects are rectified, present vehicles for brake tests and MOT.
- Assist workshop with steam cleaning of vehicles prior to MOT as required.
- HGV Class 1 (C+E) Driving Licence and DCPC essential
- Minimum of two years experience working in a transport environment
- Positive, flexible attitude to work and the ability to perform well under pressure
- Safety conscious at all times, observant and with good attention to detail
- Organisation & commitment, understand the importance of tight schedules
- Problem solver and able to adapt quickly to ever changing situations
- Prepared to take responsibility and be held accountable
- Approachable and reliable
- Committed to delivery and customer focused (internal and external)
- Ability to establish good working relationships and communicate effectively at all levels
- Based on rotating early and late shifts Monday to Friday and alternate weekends
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.