An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client for a Honing / Grinding Machinist based in Andover. They are a successful market leading company that are offering a stable career in their growing business.
The ideal candidate would have experience in honing and grinding, experience using a Micrometer would be an advantage.
We are looking for a Honing / Grinding Machinist who ideally have the following skills:
- Produce components using manual cylindrical grinding and honing machines
- Provide day-to-day support for the grinding and honing section and ensure that manufactured parts conform to drawing
- Maintain/improve/implement Health and Safety best practice
Skills and requirements needed for this position:
- Basic knowledge of Grinding and Honing applications, concepts, practices, and procedures
- Requires good mechanical aptitude and the ability to follow procedures
- Become proficient using Micrometers
- High level of attention to detail required.
- Fluently speak, read, and write English.
- Solve problems and make decisions where there are clearly defined objectives and functional direction.
- Basic computer skills using MS Office products.
In return you will benefit from excellent opportunity to join a growing business at the forefront of it’s industry.