Salary: £9.00per hour
Permanent - Full-time Approx 40hrs pw, including weekends, evenings and bank holidays
Closing Date - 13th July 2019
Castle Hospitality division has an exciting opportunity and are recruiting for a Hotel Receptionist and Front of House Assistant for a local unique hospitality client based on the beautiful outskirts of Helmsley, North Yorkshire area. Our client is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join their Hotel and Catering team who enjoys working in a Customer Service facing environment, working as part of a lively busy team. This role will include a varied of tasks and is a 'hands-on' role, ranging from tasks from taking restaurant and hotel bookings, preparing confirmations, accompanying guests to their rooms and explaining the facilities, preparing bills and taking payments, serving hotel bar drinks and responding to queries. There is also the opportunity for the right candidate to gain experience in supporting our events management and helping with marketing our events.
However, it also involves a degree of manual work, from serving breakfasts and at private dinners and receptions held in the hotel, tidying up and washing up after service.
Skills & Attributes Required:
- Good IT and ability to learn booking systems packages (hotel and restaurant) and tills systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure balancing several tasks at the same time
- Great attention to detail, organisational and team-working skills
- Enjoy 'up-selling' and promoting the brand
- Warm, pleasant personality and smart appearance
- Flexibility and positive attitude able and prepared to assist with manual tasks, including waitressing and helping to keep the lounge and terrace in a tidy and welcoming condition, as required
- Resourceful with a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to multi-task within and, at times, demanding environment
- To take responsibility for calculating bills and balancing the till
- To ensure that enquiries regarding restaurant and accommodation enquiries are handled efficiently and appropriately
- To act as host for guests staying at the hotel and, as required, guests attending functions and events, and to effectively communicate guest requirements to other departments, as necessary
- To ensure that all reasonable guest requirements are met, and the established standards are maintained at all times
- To prepare bills for guests and ensure that these are recorded and balanced daily
- To comply with the company systems, for example of recording vouchers and lost property
- To take breakfast orders and serve guests taking breakfast in the hotel, clearing tables and tidying the breakfast room afterwards, and washing up as requested
- To work in accordance with the Hygiene and Health and Safety policies
- To have a good understanding of the company's fire policy and to comply with risk assessments, where applicable
- To carry out additional duties as reasonably required by the management, including occasional front of house cover in the restaurant, etc
For further details please contact Tina Tout at Castle Hospitality on 01723 500643 and email your CV to email@example.com
Castle Employment is an award-winning recruitment company based in Scarborough, Leeds and York. With over 50 years of experience, we deliver a market leading service building long-term relationships with our candidates. We offer an honest, straightforward approach, tailored to deliver exactly what our candidates need.
Castle Employment provides temporary, permanent and contract employment opportunities throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our highly experienced team of consultants are all specialists within their field of recruitment and have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their roles ensuring that they can deliver a perfect match for your career aspirations.
At Castle Employment Group, we recognise and appreciate the value of high-quality candidates - so only right that we reward the people who introduce them to us.
Simply refer a friend to us, and if we find them a temporary or permanent position we will reward you with a shopping voucher to spend on yourself.