A House Manager (equivalent to Deputy Registered Manager) role which will see you be responsible for everything involved in managing a children’s home, ensuring the welfare and safety of each child living there. You will support the Registered Manager in driving forward a high-quality provision with great experiences and outcomes for both young people and staff, while meeting and exceeding the Children’s Homes Regulations.
The home provides residential support for children and young people aged 11 to 19, who have severe learning disabilities, autism and other complex behaviours. The organisation has an adjoining specialist school. The facilities in the home and the education building are all excellent and state of the art.
You will line manage Team Leaders and ensure staff teams have everything they need to do a great job while developing their own skills and careers. You will be responsible for management of the children’s home in the absence of the Registered Manager, as well as supporting Ofsted inspections when required. You will need to work some evenings and weekends, and will be included in the 'on call' rota. There are no waking night or sleep in duties in this role however.
You will be joining a community spirited organisation which has an extremely supportive management team. You will also enjoy the following benefits:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) rising with service to a maximum of 7.6 weeks
- Excellent training both at induction and throughout your career
- Generous pension scheme
- Discount scheme which offers up to 6% discount off leading retailers including Tesco, Curry/PC World, Costa and many more
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support your health and wellbeing
- Staff Savings Scheme
- CashPlan which provides money back on core health treatments such as: optical, dental, physiotherapy, chiropody
- Fantastic facilities within their homes and schools
Is this job a good fit for you?
The home is based just north of Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire.
You will need to have recent experience of managing staff within a children’s home.
It is essential that you have a good understanding of the regulatory framework relevant to the provision of residential services for children and young people, as well as a working knowledge of the Children Act 1989, amended 2004.
You must hold a Diploma level 3 (NVQ/QCF) in Residential Childcare or equivalent children’s residential qualification.
It is essential that you have a full manual driving licence and have your own car.