- Support Head of HR to deliver Directorate People Plan, including a strategic workforce plan, to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Manage discreet HR projects as per Directorate People Plan (e.g. Organisation Design, Total Workforce Management & EDI & ER/IR - TUPE)
- Support the implementation of a broad range of HR practices that help to raise organisational performance and productivity. These may include employee engagement, performance management and employees relations.
- Support in developing and implementing local initiatives to drive people and organisation improvements. Example activities may include a focus on sickness absence management, attrition, and performance management
- Develop an understanding of the business area so to enable effective planning and risk mitigation
- Influence and advise client group on the adoption of self-service HR, how they could maximise the potential of ERP (Oracle) and how to ensure they are meeting their core line management responsibilities.
- Analyse HR data, identify trends and share insights with business leaders to support people-related decision-making. Determine people interventions required and work with business leaders to implement.
- Support and implement regular HR activities in the directorate including objective setting, performance management, and end of year reviews.
- Manage high priority and/or sensitive people management cases where not appropriate to be managed within the HR Case Management and or HR Shared Services team.
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Knowledge of developing HR policies and practice
- Knowledge of UK employment law & Equality Act 2010
- Knowledge of HR tools for best practice and procedures to support business performance and improve people management capability
- CIPD qualified or equivalent experience
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- HR generalist experience with the ability to build relationships and influence key business stakeholders, both internal and external
- Experience of HR Business Partnering gained in an HR customer-facing environment
- Experience of managing ER matters, including disciplinary & grievances
- Experience of implementing HR policies and practices
- Experience of working with, challenging & influencing a multi-disciplined management team