HR Business Partner - Construction and Property
Excellent Salary & Benefits Package
Birmingham, West Midlands
Howells Solution are working with a leading Construction, Social Housing and Regeneration Contractor to recruit a proactive HR Business Partner to join their highly successful team. This is a regional role and you will be expected to attend meeting at various branches in the Midlands and travel to head office in Hitchin at least once per week.
Please only apply if you have relevant experience as a HR Business Partner, HR Manager or Senior Regional HR Advisor and you're happy with the travel expectations.
The purpose of the HR Business Partner is to deliver a commercial HR service through partnering General Managers and branch teams. You will provide generalist HR support to managers covering the full scope of compensation and benefits, management development, resource management and employment relations.
- Understand the business goals and build a strong partnership with managers and support their business continuity and growth plans.
- Provide generalist HR support to managers covering the full scope of compensation and benefits, management development, resource management and employment relations.
- Ensure the structure and design of the branches are maximising productivity and growth and ensuring structures are regularly reviewed.
- Develop management capability through coaching, facilitation and workshops.
- Manage end to end TUPE mobilisation and demobilisation programmes.
- Identify and undertake initiatives that deliver value to the branches and reduce costs, for example reduced sickness levels, improved retention and succession planning.
- Ad-hoc projects that drive improved business capability and system simplification.
- Provide support to the HR Support Centre as required.
- Share learning experiences with the team to drive continuous development of the function.
- Sound knowledge of employment law
- Ability to understand the business and balance commercial needs with assessed risks
- Sound experience in management coaching and development
- Strong experience in influencing and negotiating
- Experience of managing union relationships
- A' Level education or equivalent experience
- CIPD Qualified with at least 3 years HR experience
- Experience of managing complex problems and proposing solutions
- End to end TUPE experience, including union involvement (desirable)
- Experience of working with Local Government (desirable)
Salary & Benefits:
You will be working for a modern, forward thinking business; that believes the strengths, skills and personalities of their people are the key to the groups success. This is a permanent, full time role for which you will receive an excellent salary and benefits package.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV. Alternatively contact us on 01474 850707.
Howells Solutions are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. Howells Solutions acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.