My client based in Birmingham city centre is looking for an enthusiastic HR Manager to cover a wide range of duties from managing the team's holidays and sick leave through to issue resolution and employee engagement. You will also champion the recruitment process as a whole, recommending improvements to employee relations and ensuring that all employee-related policies meet established regulations.
Role and responsibilities
- Managing both the sickness and annual leave entitlements across the team
- Maintaining the central staff calendar and remote working process
- Produce a weekly summary of activity to the management team
- Champion the Verse team issue resolution process
- Organise the bi-monthly team socials
- Take the lead on the Verse recruitment process, working directly with the management team.
- Picking up various admin tasks along with managing staff documentation
- Assisting the various heads of department in the Verse staff on-boarding process.
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management
- Manage company training records, analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers
Skills and experience
- Awareness and knowledge of Human Resources
- Competent in using accounting systems with strong Excel skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and organisational skills
- The ability to work under pressure and with personnel from all levels
- Tact and the ability to deal with difficult situations
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of UK employment legislation
- An interest in career development and training within the workplace
- A passion for knowledge with a strong desire to learn and deploy new skills.
- MCIPD qualified or equivalent with extensive HR generalist experience
Hour and pay
The hours are flexible and they are looking for part-time working 25 hours over 5 days, something like 9am-3pm. If all goes well there is potential for this role to become full time in the future.
Employees also benefit from a number of team-focused activities, such as our summer & winter parties, along with entry into the company contribution pension scheme, and this is further supported by a number of additional perks & benefits.
£20,000 - £25,000 pro rata per annum - based on experience.
For more information on this exciting role, apply in confidence today or call our HR Recruitment specialist Martin for a confidential chat on 0121 705 0077.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy. If you are not selected for this particular position, your CV will be kept on file and you may be contacted for other suitable roles in the future.