Import/Export Seafreight Operations Clerk - VR/20320
The Company & Role:
Our client, a successful global freight forwarder based in Chelmsford, is looking to recruit an Import/Export Seafreight Operations Clerk to join their professional team.
- Import and export booking with Agent and Shipping line
- Investigating and planning the most appropriate route for a shipment, taking into account the perishable or hazardous nature of goods, cost, transit time and security
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with other countries' regulations and fiscal regimes
- Arranging insurance and assisting the client in the event of a claim
- Utilising e-commerce, internet technology and satellite systems to enable real-time tracking of goods
- Dealing with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargoes, food and medical supplies
- Arranging courier and specialist hand-carry services
- Maintaining communication and control through all phases of the journey, including the production of management reports and statistical and unit-cost analysis
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience Seafreight Import or Export on a start to finish basis, and experience dealing directly with customers.
You will receive a salary of £22-25k depending on experience.
Working hours: 08.30 to 17.00
Required working hour flexibility in case of needs
If you wish to apply, click apply now or email your CV to the Shipping Team on firstname.lastname@example.org