This high-volume manufacturer of plastic products, that are part of a global organisation, are currently seeking an experienced Injection Moulding Setter Technician to join their team.
The role is responsible for identifying and diagnosing process faults and implementing the correct solution or, if you are unable to resolve the issue to report this to the relevant departmental representative on shift. You will be responsible for conducting daily monitoring and optimisation of processes to ensure that desired cycle times are achieved reporting any variances from this cycle time. This position will perform hand overs at both the beginning and end of the shift, therefore it is important that you can effectively communicate both verbally and written to ensure that any relevant information is transferred over to the oncoming shift.
As Injection Moulding Setter Technician your duties will include -
- Completing gate freeze off analysis and report deviations.
- Carrying out regular tool inspections, including cleaning and greasing.
- Daily monitoring and optimising of processes in order to achieve desired cycle times and report the reason for any variance of cycle times.
- Ensuring that an acceptable first off sample is produced at the start of each production run.
- Maintaining a good standard of housekeeping at all times, ensuring material spillages are cleaned up, all purging's are removed from machines and placed in appropriate bins once the material is cold.
- Setting hopper loader systems to the correct percentage for correct throughput of materials.
- Carrying out daily water heater checks and record these checks onto the attribute charts.
- Completing an effective shift handover at both the beginning and end of each shift.
- During the first and last hour of each shift ensure that all machines are checked for documentation, materials hoppers are topped up and purging's removed prior to handing over to the oncoming shift.
To be successful in the role of Injection Moulding Setter Technician, the ideal Candidate -
- Will be experienced in Injection Moulding
- Must be qualified to IMT Level 3 or equivalent (G&A/RJG)
- Have previous experience of using hot runner systems
- Will be able to set from scratch, process optimise and trouble shoot moulding/process/tooling issues.
Based near Stockport, this role is easily commutable from Manchester, Congleton, Runcorn, and Buxton.
On offer -
- Salary of up to £33,650 per annum (inc. shift premium)
- Shift Pattern = 07.00-19.00 x 2 days, 19.00-07.00 x 2 nights, 4 on 4 off pattern
- Contributory pension scheme with up to 4% contribution from the company
- Life assurance
- Access to subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking
Apply now to be considered for this role.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.