This well-established trade moulder is currently looking for an experienced Injection Moulding Setter Technician to join their business, contributing to the commercial aims of the business through tool development, polymer selection, production quality improvement, and continuous improvement programs. Opportunities exist on either double days or on perm nights.
As Injection Moulding Setter Technician, your duties will include -
- Ensuring all existing jobs run using best practice to achieve optimum conditions and achieve commercial margins.
- Identifying route cause of problems and highlight to the relevant manager and/or apply the right corrective actions.
- Identifying actions and deliver results (in agreement with the Operations Manager) for continuous improvement opportunities of the production processes in order to reduce dependence on labour and improvement product yields.
- Using your technical expertise to ensure best practice is maintained consistently.
- Identifying and action any internal technical training requirements to aid your role within the business.
- Effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders any development processes to ensure smooth hand over of all new tooling into production.
- Ensuring all process data, working instructions and visual aids are maintained and fully up-to-date
- Ensuring that all risk assessment of all machinery and equipment is undertaken on a regular basis, with correct personnel against defined procedures.
- Assisting on customer sites for trials and development
- Identifying and reporting causes of tooling and plant failure, then inform appropriate departments for corrective actions to be implemented
- Ensuring all processing and ancillary equipment is maintained to the specification of the maintenance program to ensure productivity of the mould shop
- Maintaining good working practices to achieve exemplary levels of housekeeping.
For the role of Injection Moulding Setter Technician, the ideal Candidate will have -
- A solid track record within Injection Moulding
- Experience with a range of machinery, robots, ancillary equipment, and materials
- Formal training by a recognised industry body such as G&A, BPTA, etc.
- Much experience within process optimisation to drive down costs by reducing scrap and improving processes.
- Experience of NPI and Tool trialling
- Experience of basic machine maintenance
- Experience in trouble shooting, including working with the machine room to resolve tooling issues.
Don't delay in applying, send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.