A South Manchester based Instrument calibration engineer is required for a multi national engineering company based in the UK. The role requires you to calibrate and service a wide range of hand held instruments used within all types of industries. It's a permanent role paying up to £28K basic, plus company vehicle, bonus and other benefits.
A global leader within temperature measuring equipment, they employ over 10,000 staff across 47 different countries globally. They specialise in the manufacture of hand held temperature measuring instruments, and provide full after care and service of the devices as part of a service package. They have a strong team of service engineers across the UK, along with direct support from supervisors and area managers.
Duties and responsibilities include -
- To cover the South Manchester and surrounding area with daily customer site visits
- On site calibration of both company and third party testing instruments
- Analyse pressure telemetry, checking flow rates, leakage and temperature loss investigation
- Providing on site customer support, technical advice and troubleshooting where necessary
- Telephone, email, fax or face to face customer support
- Adhere to site safety rules, permit to work systems and carry out risk assessments
- Ensure your calibration tool kit is in good working order and within its calibration dates
- You are responsible for ensuring the relevant parts of your tool kit is sent back to head office for re calibration in a timely manner
- Use of the reporting system to generate and issue reports from each calibration carried out
- Collection and logging of simple device information into web-enabled asset management system
Standard 40hrs per week Mon to Fri with no overtime expected or required, as all calibration site work is carried out during normal working hours.
The suitable candidate
The suitable calibration engineer will have the following demonstrable skills -
- ONC or equivalent in electrical / electronic instrumentation
- Technical background within service or calibration of hand held instruments, preferably heat or thermal measuring equipment
- Solid awareness of health & safety, good working practices and customer facing skills
- Good level of IT literacy to carry out the report writing, and to submit key information to the online asset management system
Package on offer
- Basic salary of up to £28K, and is potentially negotiable for the ideal candidate
- Company car, fuel card and personal mileage allowance
- Bonus scheme which is tailored to the engineer
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (holiday increases per year too)
- Private pension scheme
- 2 weeks training at head office in Manchester, including all expenses and hotels paid for.
This is a great opportunity to join a well established service team, within a corporate business that still has a family feel to how they treat and grow their staff. It also offers a great training programme with future career growth prospects too.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.