The Business Development Manager will provide a professional and valuable financial planning solution and concentrate on high elements of capital protection or capital preservation whilst taking advantage of various tax reliefs guaranteed by HMRC and include: Inheritance Tax Portfolios, AIM Portfolios, Media and Asset Focused EIS Portfolios and a Corporate Management Service.
As an Internal Business Development Manager your duties will include:
- Maintaining and building relationships with new and existing IFA clients and assisting the external BDMs with meetings, training and development.
- Providing technical support for all inbound intermediary enquiries.
- Keeping IFAs up to date with client products, literature, practices and procedures.
- Scheduling meetings, new and existing, for the external BDMs.
- Implementing sales and marketing campaigns as required.
- Maintaining the CRM system and ensure all information is kept up to date.
- Maintaining accurate records of activity on the CRM system.
- Providing a high level of customer service.
- Consistently improving product and industry knowledge.
- Attending and supporting sales conferences and seminars as required.
- Improving and maintaining processes.
To be a successful Internal Business Development Manager you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience within the financial services sector or another similar industry.
- Communicate and present clearly and concisely to individuals and groups.
- Have a strong and flexible work ethic.
- The ability to generate the actions necessary to reach agreed sales / KPI targets.
- Be computer literate and have a good knowledge of all Microsoft programmes as well as the ability to use database and CRM systems.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills.
- High-quality interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to study role specific materials and courses and to develop personally through internal and external training and exams.
- Final services sales experience is essential.
In return, the Internal Business Manager will receive a salary of £25,000 per annum depending on experience, plus £25,000 on target bonus, a pension scheme, 23 days holiday (increasing to 25 after two years) and games/reading rooms for everyone to use and Pizza Fridays!