A temporary vacancy has opened for an IT Technician on a temporary basis working for a local authority department. This role is to start ASAP up to the end of the year working full-time hours.
Candidates should have extensive experience working within IT support roles, with particular emphasis on Active Directory, Microsoft Windows and Office products, Office 365 and networking awareness.
- Resolve calls in accordance with set procedures and guidance
- Investigate and assess service user issues and requests to enable efficient processing and resolution of calls
- Escalate calls to other technical resolver teams where required
- Liaise with other technical staff to identify potential problems at the earliest opportunity
- Proactively engage in knowledge transfer between ICT colleagues
- Recommend the creation of, and amendment to, procedures and knowledge articles, where issues and improvement opportunities are identified
- Provide advice and guidance in relation to the resolution of service calls, to service users, team members and managers
- Suggest changes to processes where calls may be more efficiently processed, particularly where there are opportunities to resolve calls earlier in the escalation process
- Maintain network and application user access including the creation, amending and removing of permissions in accordance with corporate authorisation process
- Provide support and guidance of the corporate computing environment, including Desktop, Thin Client and mobile technologies
- Support and deploy the corporate software solutions including those manually installed and those installed using centrally managed deployment systems
- Support the corporate telephony system, including the creation, amending and removing of users, configuration and installation of hardware devices
- Basic network troubleshooting including checking connectivity of devices and related network settings
- Connecting devices to the corporate wired and wireless networks and related troubleshooting
- Verifying and updating of all records within the IT Service Management toolset, to ensure accuracy of records
- Remain aware of, ad-hear to and promote, to service users, security and data protection standards
- Monitor and progress the purchasing of IT related items and related financial transactions
- Ad-hear to stock control processes to ensure accurate asset tracking.
Angel Human Resources is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.