If you are seeking a challenging but rewarding management role for a friendly, successful exhibition organisation then please do read on!
The organisation are bespoke exhibition stand designers and manufacturers who have several years expertise in the industry. They have an extensive established client base supplying to exhibitions, conferences, museums etc. You will be responsible for managing the whole production function for the site.
The company is based in Redditch so is easily commutable from Birmingham, Bromsgrove, Worcester, Alcester, Stratford upon Avon, Solihull, Dudley, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Kidderminster.
As the Works Manager, your duties will include;
- To manage all production workforce (approx 20), hiring, disciplinary, training, inductions, personnel management etc
- Responsible for ensuring the company manufactures all deliverables (stands, structures, museum and shop fit out, primarily at Redditch site, but also cover of training, H&S at other company sites.
- Responsible for management of company HGV/Van Fleet, plant machinery checks (FLT, genies, ladders, scaffold towers, spray booths, air compressor, airlines, machinery, heating/lighting etc
- Managing the building (fabric and systems, water, fire alarms, security etc)
- Represent the companies production function to all suppliers of materials and services, including temporary worker agencies and sub contractors
- Liaise with company directors and other departments within the organisation to ensure smooth running of the production facility.
I would welcome applications from candidates who meet the following criteria;
- Production Management within the exhibition or shop fitting industries with proven man management and leadership skills.
- A hands on attitude with carpentry / build knowledge with a deep appreciation of processes used.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and able to delegate tasks successfully.
- A broad proven knowledge and practical expertise of management of a manufacturing site within the exhibition/shop fittings sector.
- Have worked as a Production Manager, Works Foreman, Works Manager
Benefits - a competitive salary of £40,000 to £45,000. Friendly environment. Free parking. Some flexibility on hours worked. Pension.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.