Junior Seafreight Import Clerk - VR/20324
The Company & Role:
Our client, a freight forwarder based in Ipswich, requires a Junior Seafreight Import Clerk to join their team.
Once fully trained, you will be carrying out the below duties.
- Liaising with overseas agents / customers / hauliers
- Receiving pre-alerts from overseas agents
- Creating files both manually and on the computer system
- Advising customers of arrival of cargo into the UK
- Planning loads and sending load lists to agents
- Arranging LCL/FCL deliveries
- Checking manifests once received
- Receiving and checking relevant import documentation and passing on to shipping lines
- Customs clearance
- Planning and arranging deliveries
- Charging files
- Passing purchase invoices and dealing with any queries
Candidates must have some logistics experience, circa 6-12 months within freight forwarding.
You will receive a salary depending on experience.
If you're interested in the role, click apply now to send over an up-to-date CV or email the Shipping team on email@example.com.