As Lead Mechanical Design Engineer you will be required to:
- Provide robust and sound technical support and leadership to the mechanical design teams
- Plan resource and manage the workload in the mechanical engineering design department
- Work to agreed design brief
- Drive product, process and cost saving initiatives in conjunction with the Engineering Managers
- Provide timely product and technical support to other departments in the company and client base as required
- Generate mechanical layout designs
- Produce layout designs on 2D AutoCAD and 3D CAD systems
- Ensure that full production support documentation is created and issued to the relevant departments
- Liaise with the project lead, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers to ensure a fit for purpose design
- A suitable qualification Degree, HND, or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Design Engineering
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software package and the use of 3DSolidWorks
- Experience in the management of an engineering design team preferably in an electrical or electronic manufacturing business
- Excellent IT and Communication skills
- An understanding of generators and power systems
- Knowledge of piping and pipework systems Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a highly recognised and award winning business that is committed to further development and internal progression.
Castle Employment is an award-winning recruitment company based in Scarborough, Leeds and York. With over 50 years of experience, we deliver a market leading service building long-term relationships with our candidates. We offer an honest, straightforward approach, tailored to deliver exactly what our candidates need.
Castle Employment provides temporary, permanent and contract employment opportunities throughout Yorkshire and the UK. Our highly experienced team of consultants are all specialists within their field of recruitment and have a thorough understanding and knowledge of their roles ensuring that they can deliver a perfect match for your career aspirations.
At Castle Employment Group, we recognise and appreciate the value of high-quality candidates - so only right that we reward the people who introduce them to us.
Simply refer a friend to us, and if we find them a temporary or permanent position we will reward you with a shopping voucher to spend on yourself.