EB6122 Lead Electrical Engineer
Salary: £38,000 to £40,000 DOE
Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands
Benefits: Public holidays for this role are Christmas Day, Boxing Day and
New Year’s Day, all other public holidays are incorporated in the shift pattern.
Our Client who is one of the Leading UK Chemical manufacturer of intermediates is now looking to recruit an Lead Electrical Engineer who will have overall responsibility for the organisation and operation of the E & I department covering all inspection, maintenance, capital work. This Lead Electrical Engineer reports to the Electrical & Instrumental Manager.
This Lead Electrical Engineer’s role comes with a very competitive salary, public holidays for this role are Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, all other public holidays.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Acts as the Company Technical Authority on electrical matters.
- Reports to E&I Manager
- Responsible for the organisation and operation of the electrical department and all electrical services covering inspection, maintenance and capital work.
- Overall responsibility for five personnel along with electrical contractors as required.
- Liaison at all levels inside the Company. Outside contacts typically include suppliers, contractors and agencies such as the HSE, insurance inspectors, electrical and telecommunication service providers.
- Safety, Health & Environmental – To maintain and promote a safe operating culture within the Electrical Department ensuring that in all its aspects of installation and maintenance it operates to the highest levels of safety and meets all legal and statutory requirements, company rules and procedures.
- Project work – responsible for the design, specification, and installation of all electrical equipment for new capital, maintenance and upgrading work and controlling expenditure within authorised budgets.
- Maintenance operations – responsible (in conjunction with the E&I manager) for the provision, operation and development of all maintenance and planned preventative maintenance systems and to advise on the development and training of in-house personnel.
- Should have a good understanding of ATEX, area classification and BS60079 all parts, as he/she will be a competent person in area classification, design, installation and commissioning. Must be able to specify electrical equipment for the appropriate areas.
- Authority as the trained ‘competent person’ on site for 11KV Switchgear.
- Responsible for interviewing and selecting candidates for recruitment within the electrical department.
- Authority to stop contract work and to exclude from site.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A minimum of a HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- A further 5 years practical experience post HNC at least 2 years must be in a supervisory role.
- The job requires a flexible attitude to deal with multiple complex jobs simultaneously, to meet the required changes in operational priorities.
Interested applicants in this Workshop Engineers role, will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.